The sun can strip the hair of its natural oils and New Mexico’s intense dry heat will only intensify the problem. So we here at Neilmarie Salon have put together a list of products and tip’s that can help your hair maintain its integrity in this intense climate. When you don’t protect your Hair from the sun in time it starts to weaken the cuticle and when this happens breakage and split ends start to become a problem. A Weakened cuticle leaves hair vulnerable to dehydration and the color bleaches and fades. Sun exposure also causes free radical activity in the hair shaft. The cells of the hair are damaged, as the free radicals cause premature ageing. There are a lot of remedies out there when it comes to protecting your hair from the harsh heat of the sun. Below we have selected a few remedies that we believe are the best forms of sun protection for your hair.
1. Give your hair a Health Trim. Not only do split ends look scraggly, but they can also travel further up the hair strands faster if they aren’t nipped in the but. Come see one of out top hairstylists at Neilmarie Salon for a quick trim to help maintain your hair.
2. Dry and over-processed hair cries out for the nourishing properties of a good Hair Mask, but all hair types can benefit from this treatment. We prefer Enjoy’s Hair Mask. This Intensive smoothing mask will enrich dry and unruly hair leaving your hair feeling soft, silky and easy to manage. For a more intense treatment let one of our expert hairstylists at Neilmarie Salon apply ENJOY Intensive Reconstructing Spray before the ENJOY Hair Mask and sit you under the dryer for 20 min. Add this treatment to your next Salon visit and your hair will be sure to survive the summers heat.
3. Keratin Smoothing Treatments. We choose to use Keratin Complex A great time to have the treatment done is directly after permanent color, semi-permanent color or highlights. The treatment seals the color in, making it last longer and appear more vibrant. If you choose to have color applied after the treatment, we recommend waiting at least two weeks. This treatments not only helps lock in your hair color but by closing the hair cuticle your hair will look and feel like you just stepped out of the salon weeks from now. All of our hairstylists at Neilmarie Salon are specifically trained in the Keratin Complex line of Smoothing treatments for your hair. We offer three levels of this service designed to accommodate every client on any budget.
4. Add sunscreen to your hair. For this we recommend using KMS California Sol Perfection Beach Protectant is a water resistant sun protection cream. With IOPS technology and Anti-Oxidant, this beach protectant creme protects against the ravages of the sun, sea, and pool water. Fused with grapefruit and thyme, it provides a sleek, shiny, wet look with a soft feel. Contains UV filters. To be used before or after swimming, or while sun bathing. Apply on damp or dried hair, finish the hair style and allow to air dry. Not to be used while blow-drying! Suitable for all hair types.
5. The best line of defense for your hair to survive that Hot and Dry climate is to wear a Hat! Yest its just that simple.
At Neilmarie Hair salon in Albuquerque and now with our second Hair Salon in Rio Rancho we truly are your one stop shop for all your Hair Care needs! Call us today at any one of our locations to book your next appointment with one of our Top Albuquerque and Rio Rancho Hairstylists.
Albuquerque Hair Salon and Spa- 505-292-5905
Rio Rancho Hair Salon- 505-702-8144