In the summertime many people flock to the beach for their summer vacation. If you plan on hitting the beach this summer here are a few tips before you go:
- Go to the beach early. It is usually less crowded and the sun is not as intense as it will be later in the day.
- Always bring sunscreen. Sunscreen is essential. Know the difference in the types of sunscreen that is available. Experts recommend nothing less than SPF 30. Apply 15 minutes before going outdoors and every two hours thereafter. If going in the water, reapply each time you get out of the water. (Remember the sun’s rays are hottest between 10 am. and 2 pm.)
- Sunglasses Your eyes are sensitive to the sun as well. Do not forget to bring sunglasses. Be sure to bring sunglasses with UVA/UVB protection.
- Electronics. Protect your cell phone and other electronics from sand and water by placing it in a Ziploc bag. You can still use it in the Ziploc bag.
- Hide your valuables. Use a chap stick container or a diaper to hide your money.
- Water. Stay hydrated while at the beach. Bring and drink a lot of water.
- Shaving with baby oil before heading to the beach. It will help keep your skin smooth.
- Bring apple cider vinegar. Spray it on a sunburn for instant relief.
- Bring baby powder. When you are done with the beach, sprinkle baby powder on your skin and the sand will wipe off.
- Put aloe vera gel in ice cube trays and place in your freezer. When you get home put it on your warm body and it will help sooth your skin.